The newest data from the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department indicates that 47 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 in the County. Five of the positive cases are residents of an area comprised of Montecito, Summerland, and Carpinteria. Other demographic data are available on the PHD Public Information Portal at https://publichealthsbc.org/.
As a reminder, Governor Gavin Newson has issued social distancing orders in an effort to slow the spread of the virus. These orders require individuals to NOT participate in the following behaviors:
- Go to work unless you provide essential services as defined by the order.
- Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need.
- Travel to or from a job outside the area, unless to perform essential services.
- Travel to or from a vacation home outside of the area.
- Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home. skilled nursing facility, or other residential care facility.
- Have play dates and sleep-overs.
- Go to bars and sit-down restaurants.
- Go to concerts, events, theater, cinemas.