The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, May 11 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall. To minimize the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, the City of Carpinteria has closed physical public access to City Council Chambers for the meeting. Instead, members of the public are strongly encouraged to view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us or on Government Access Television Channel 21.
The Council will consider the agenda highlights listed below; additional details are available at https://bit.ly/2WHMDIf. Public comments on agenda items can be made in several ways that are detailed after the following agenda highlights.
- A Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement and the issuance of revenue bonds by the California Municipal Finance Authority for the benefit of Peoples’ Self-Help Housing Corporation. The issuance of bonds, in an amount not to exceed $38 million, will finance the costs of the acquisition, rehabilitation, improvement and equipping of the Dahlia Court I Apartments located at 1305 Dahlia Court, and two multifamily rental housing facilities for low-income households located in the City of Santa Barbara. The City will have no financial responsibility for the project.
- Re-ratifying a proclamation of local emergency caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, receive an update on the City’s response to the pandemic, and formation of a second City Council ad hoc COVID-19 committee.
- Ratifying actions taken by the Director of Emergency Services to establish the COVID-19 Parking Restrictions on certain streets, and closing all or part of certain public lots.
- Annual report on the progress being made implementing the City’s General Plan.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the Fiscal Year June 30, 2019.
Members of the public may submit comments on agenda items via email to the City Clerk at PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us by 4 p.m. on Monday, May 11. Comments should be limited to 250 words. Every effort will be made to read the comments into the record, but time limitations may not allow for all comments to be read.
To make a comment while an item is being heard, members of the public may send an email to the City Clerk with contact information. Emails should be sent to PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us by 4 p.m. on Monday, May 11. Emails should include the following information: (a) meeting date, (b) agenda item number, (c) subject or title of the item, (d) full name, (e) call back number and area code. During public comment on the agenda item specified in the email, City staff will make every effort to contact those individuals.
Written comments on agenda items also can be submitted through the City website. To eComment, visit https://carpinteria.ca.us/city-hall/agendas-meetings/ and click on the “ecomment” link listed to the right of the meeting date.
Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.