The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Monday, Aug. 10 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall. To minimize the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, the City of Carpinteria has closed physical public access to City Council Chambers for the meeting. Instead, members of the public are strongly encouraged to view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us, on Government Access Television Channel 21 or by logging into the Zoom webinar through the link in the agenda below.
The following are highlights of the agenda. Additional details can be found at https://bit.ly/2XH0lwk. Public comments on agenda items can be made in several ways that are described after the following agenda highlights.
- Presentation of a resolution supporting the United Nations Convention on elimination of all forms of discrimination against women.
- Approve recognizing the week of August 10, 2020, as “A Week of Mourning and Solidarity.”
- Presentation providing an update on the U.S. Census.
- Formation of an ad hoc racial equity and social justice program planning committee.
- Sheriff’s Department Annual Report on Law Enforcement Services.
- Authorizing Staff to prepare and send a comment letter to the County of Santa Barbara Planning Commission concerning the ExxonMobile Interim Trucking for Santa Ynez Unit Phased Restart Project. The Project would initiate the phased restart of the existing ExxonMobil SantaYnez Unit (SYU) facilities on the Gaviota Coast and in federal waters in the Santa Barbara Channel by trucking limited crude oil production to receiver sites in Santa Maria and Maricopa, as a temporary solution to transport crude oil to a refinery destination until a pipeline alternative becomes available.
- Making an appointment to fill an Architectural Review Board vacancy.
- Discussion of the City of Carpinteria’s Home Occupation permit process and fee schedule.
- Approving and adopting revisions of the Compensation Schedule and Conditions of Employment for Miscellaneous Unrepresented and Management Personnel.
- Approving and adopting a contract position, three-year term, Principal Planner in the Community Development Department.
General public comments or comments on specific meeting items can be made in the following ways:
- A hard copy of written comments will be submitted to board members if made via email to PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us by noon on the day of the meeting. Please note that these comments will not be read into the record during the meeting.
- Comments no longer than 250 words can be read into the record during the meeting if made by noon on the day of the meeting in one of the ways detailed below. Every effort will be made to read these comments into the record, but some comments may not be read due to time limitations:
- Via email to PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us. In your email, please specify (1) the meeting date and agenda item (number and title) on which you are providing a comment and (2) that you would like your comment read into the record during the meeting..
- Via the eComment link on the City’s agenda website (https://carpinteria.ca.us/city-hall/agendas-meetings). For a comment to be read aloud, that should be specified in the comment.
- Verbal public comments during a specific item can be made over the phone by sending an email to PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us by noon on the day of the meeting. Visit the agenda link provided above for details on what to include in the email.
- Members of the public attending the public meeting through the City’s Zoom Webinar platform have the option of providing real-time public comments on agenda matters. To make public comments through this platform please use the “raise your hand” feature to notify staff that you would like to make a public comment during designated public comment times.
Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.