The Carpinteria City Council will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, May 26 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall. To minimize the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, the City of Carpinteria has closed physical public access to City Council Chambers for the meeting. Instead, members of the public are strongly encouraged to view the meeting live at www.carpinteria.ca.us or on Government Access Television Channel 21.
The following highlights of the agenda are not listed in the order they will be considered. Please see agenda for additional details: https://bit.ly/2M17xgg. Public comments on agenda items can be made in several ways that are described after the following agenda highlights.
- Adoption of an amendment and extension to the ordinance establishing a temporary moratorium on evictions due to nonpayment of rent for commercial tenants where the failure to pay rent results from income loss resulting from COVID-19.
- Amending the fiscal year 2019-2020 budget to appropriate $100,000 from the City’s Economic Uncertainty Reserve to fund and form a $100,000 COVID-19 Relief Small Business Restart Grant Program.
- Enacting a temporary COVID-19 Outdoor Business Permit to allow businesses to operate in the City right-of-way and other privately-owned outdoor spaces to encourage social distancing and economic activity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Three agenda items related to the Rincon Multi-Use Trail Project. One is an amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding with the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments for the project, and the others are amendments to agreements to allow the completion of the CEQA documentation and for consulting design services.
- The continuation of three assessment districts for 2020-21 and the required protest hearings for each. Districts are the Street Lighting District No. 1, Parking and Business Improvement Area Assessment District No. 4, and the Winter Protection Berm Assessment District No. 5.
- Recycling and Organics Regulatory Update and Letter of Support for Senate Bill 1191, which proposes measures to ease the financial burden of local agencies in implementing the new State methane emission reduction targets.
- 2019 Annual Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Report.
- Authorize payment for settlement associated with the condemnation of easements over property that is a necessary part of the Carpinteria Avenue Bridge Replacement Project.
- Approval and authorizations of contract change orders and amendments for the City Hall Remediation & Renovation Project.
Members of the public may submit comments on agenda items via email to the City Clerk at PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us by 1 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26. Comments should be limited to 250 words. Every effort will be made to read the comments into the record, but time limitations may not allow for all comments to be read.
To make a comment while an item is being heard, members of the public may send an email to the City Clerk with contact information. Emails should be sent to PublicComment@ci.carpinteria.ca.us by 1 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26. Emails should include the following information: (a) meeting date, (b) agenda item number, (c) subject or title of the item, (d) full name, (e) call back number and area code. During public comment on the agenda item specified in the email, City staff will make every effort to contact those individuals.
Written comments on agenda items also can be submitted through the City website. To eComment, visit https://carpinteria.ca.us/city-hall/agendas-meetings/ and click on the “ecomment” link listed to the right of the meeting date.
Comments posted on social media will not be provided to council members.